[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Can't launch LSC application under MultiFinder

anson@elrond.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson) (03/22/88)

In article <2066@spray.CalComp.COM> I wrote:
>  Everything
>seems normal, except for when I try to Run an application while under
>MultiFinder.  When I do so, it compiles (if it needs to), then I hear it
>hit the disk a coupla times and then it just comes back to me without
>launching the application.  Under Finder, the same project runs normally.

I just answered my own question.  It seems that the problem started occurring
when I was temporarily short a Meg of RAM.  I didn't notice the coincidence
at the time, but when I got the RAM back the problem went away.

A little examination showed that, with the small RAM (1 MB) I only had about
150K for the application.  Ordinarily that's enough, since it is very small.
Does LSC use a default partition size?  And why doesn't it say anything when
it thinks there isn't enough memory?
   Ed Anson,    Calcomp Display Products Division,    Hudson NH 03051
   (603) 885-8712,      anson@elrond.CalComp.COM