[comp.sys.mac.programmer] A pleasant surprise from ICOM Simulations

levin@bbn.com (Joel B Levin) (03/22/88)

I had a very nice surprise when I got home last night -- a little
package from ICOM containing a free upgrade from TMON 2.8 to TMON
2.8.1.  Everyone who bought 2.8 should get it.  It works on a 68020
(though it still doesn't support '020 '881 or '851 (dis)assembly).  A
couple of extra FKEYs and an INIT, some with MPW source, are also
included.

The differences list is 19 fine print paragraphs on a page of the
newsletter that came with it; for me, the important fix was to resolve
a problem between Suitcase and the ExitToShell and Relaunch functions.
They have added a couple user area commands.  They fixed a number of
bugs with Radius addons, Mac II color and multiple screens, saved user
areas, Discipline for one trap, etc.  There is a command key to close
one or all windows.  There is better MultiFinder compatibility.

The size of the user area has increased from 7200 to 7300 bytes; TMON
itself has increased less than 1K.

To me, this is impressive support of a very nice product.

	/JBL

(I have no connection with ICOM Simulations or its personnel other
than as a happy customer.)
UUCP: {harvard, husc6, etc.}!bbn!levin
ARPA: levin@bbn.com

jwhitnel@csi.UUCP (Jerry Whitnell) (03/24/88)

In article <22435@bbn.COM> levin@BBN.COM (Joel B Levin) writes:
>I had a very nice surprise when I got home last night -- a little
>package from ICOM containing a free upgrade from TMON 2.8 to TMON
>2.8.1.  Everyone who bought 2.8 should get it.

One note here, to get this you must send in your registration card.  If
you do not, you didn't get this.  This is the case even if you ordered
from ICOM Simulations directly.  They still want your registration card.
I found this out the hard way.

>(I have no connection with ICOM Simulations or its personnel other
>than as a happy customer.)

Ditto

Jerry Whitnell				Been through Hell?
Communication Solutions, Inc.		What did you bring back for me?
						- A. Brilliant

erik@hpsadla.HP (Erik Kilk) (03/25/88)

I also received the new TMON.  So I copied over TMON Startup and TMON itself
into my system file where I had the old versions.

Later in the night I had a use for TMON and had a chance to try it.  But
it wouldn't take any key presses!  I couldn't even quit out of it and had
to reboot.  The same thing happened the next time.  But it was late in the
night and I didn't care to debug the debugger without using the keyboard.

I'm running a MacPlus, the current released System, and 2.5 megs.

Erik

mkg@lzsc.ATT.COM (Marsh Gosnell) (03/29/88)

You must remember to remove and recreate your User Area (where things like
the default configuration and placement of TMON's "windows" are stored).  ICOM
warned in their documentation that they changed enough of TMON's internals to
generate unpredictable results if you use old user areas with the new TMON.
    Marsh Gosnell  lzma!mkg