[comp.sys.mac.programmer] April Tech Notes? What tech notes?

fjo@ttrdf.UUCP (Frank Owen ) (04/20/88)

>>Technical Notes 1-194 (1-183 are revised, 184-194 are new) ....
>>--
>>Darin Adler, Apple Computer                          AppleLink:Adler4

Could some kind soul on the net please post these to this group.
We have not received ANY of the notes, so I must assume that they
were never posted.

Thanks from all of us comp.sys.mac.programmers.

--
Frank Owen (fjo@ttrdf)  312-982-2182
AT&T Information Systems

jellinghaus-robert@CS.YALE.EDU (Rob Jellinghaus) (04/21/88)

In article <645@ttrdf.UUCP> fjo@ttrdf.UUCP (Frank Owen ) writes:
>>>Technical Notes 1-194 (1-183 are revised, 184-194 are new) ....
>>>--
>>>Darin Adler, Apple Computer                          AppleLink:Adler4
>
>Could some kind soul on the net please post these to this group.
>We have not received ANY of the notes, so I must assume that they
>were never posted.
>
>Thanks from all of us comp.sys.mac.programmers.
>--
>Frank Owen (fjo@ttrdf)  312-982-2182
>AT&T Information Systems
>Computer Systems Division, 5555 Touhy Ave., Skokie, IL  60077
>PATH:  ...!ihnp4!ttrdf!fjo

No no no!  What the net REALLY needs is for someone to use StuffIt
to group all these new notes into 20-note batches, and then upload
them to sumex.stanford.edu.  Since all these TNs are MacWrite
format, and all text, Stuffit may yield compression of 50% in some
cases.  Any other transmission method is an inexcusable waste of
bandwidth.  Then, those of us who want them only have to get 10
files from sumex in order to have ALL the up-to-date notes.

Posting all the tech notes to comp.binaries.mac would take a
really long time; what would be the best way to get these 10 files
(20 technotes each) to those of us without FTP access?  Suggestions?

Rob Jellinghaus                | "I couldn't help it.  All I could
jellinghaus@yale.edu           |  think of was the most horrible
ROBERTJ@{yalecs,yalevm}.BITNET |  thing in my childhood."
!..!ihnp4!hsi!yale!jellinghaus |