[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Macintosh Graf3d

ifocs9d@aucs.UUCP (Rick Giles) (04/23/88)

Could someone point me towards documentation and availability of
the Macintosh Graf3d package, apparently done by Apple? I'd like
to use it from Lightspeed C, if possible.

Rick Giles

Bitnet:   FRGILES@Acadia
Internet: FRGILES%Acadia.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
UUCP:     uunet!dalcs!aucs!ifocs9d

alibaba@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (Alexander M. Rosenberg) (04/24/88)

Contact THINK. They made documentation for the package, as I got a set to
go with Lightspeed Pascal. The interface is the same. Just call and ask for
it.

-  Alexander M. Rosenberg  - INTERNET: alibaba@ucscb.ucsc.edu   - Yoyodyne    -
-  Crown College, UCSC     - UUCP:...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!alibaba- Propulsion  -
-  Santa Cruz, CA 95064    - BITNET:alibaba%ucscb@ucscc.BITNET  - Systems     -
-  (408) 426-8869          - Disclaimer: Nobody is my employer  - :-)         -
-                          - so nobody cares what I say.        -             -

oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu (David Phillip Oster) (04/24/88)

In article <1062@aucs.UUCP> ifocs9d@aucs.UUCP (Rick Giles) writes:
>Could someone point me towards documentation and availability of
>the Macintosh Graf3d package, apparently done by Apple? I'd like
>to use it from Lightspeed C, if possible.

I'm more than a little annoyed with MacTutor Magazine over this. More than
one year ago I submitted an article on Graf3D, the LightSpeed C interface
to it, and using them to draw the teapotohedron (See cover, CACM, Feb.
1988).  (My program only draws the wire frame.)
I recieved an acknowledgement that the article had arrived, and
nothing since.

In the past, when I have posted programming examples to the net, the
text files always seem to get lost, and just the binaries get passed
around. This always bothers me, since a programming tutorial is not a real
commercial - quality application, and I care about my reputation. I came
up with a nifty solution: I added a "decompile" command to the file menu.
Choose it, and it simulates LightSpeed C's compile dialog running in
reverse, and when it finishes, you've got complete source in text files,
in the folder with the application.

I'll write the editor of MacTutor about posting the program to the net.

Copyright (c) 1988 by David Phillip Oster, All Rights Reserved
--- David Phillip Oster            --When you asked me to live in sin with you
Arpa: oster@dewey.soe.berkeley.edu --I didn't know you meant sloth.
Uucp: {uwvax,decvax,ihnp4}!ucbvax!oster%dewey.soe.berkeley.edu

rs4u+@andrew.cmu.edu (Richard Siegel) (04/25/88)

We (THINK Technologies) have prepared a technote that explains how to use the
Graf3D package, and has interfaces and libraries for LightspeedC (they're
already supplied for Lightspeed Pascal).

If you send in $10, Tech Support will mail you a disk and the documentation.

        -Rich

Rich Siegel
THINK Technologies