[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Ending a DA

merchant@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Peter Merchant) (04/15/88)

I'm writing a DA which will present a modal dialog box to the user.  When the
person has clicked the OK button, I want the DA to close.  How can I get the
Desk Manager to close the DA, or how would I go about closing it myself?
---
"You read my mind..."                   Peter Merchant (merchant@eleazar.UUCP)

darin@Apple.COM (Darin Adler) (04/27/88)

In article <8672@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU> merchant@eleazar.Dartmouth.EDU (Peter Merchant) writes:
> I'm writing a DA which will present a modal dialog box to the user.  When the
> person has clicked the OK button, I want the DA to close.  How can I get the
> Desk Manager to close the DA, or how would I go about closing it myself?

You can call CloseDeskAcc, passing the refNum of the DA.
--
Darin Adler						AppleLink:Adler4
UUCP: {sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual}!apple!darin	  CSNET: darin@Apple.com

thomas@uvabick.UUCP (Thomas Fruin) (04/28/88)

 > You can call CloseDeskAcc, passing the refNum of the DA.

So why doesn't control return to the now non-existant DA, from which you
called CloseDeskAcc?  Or doesn't the DA get closed, but remains in memory
somewhere?

-- Thomas Fruin

   fruin@hlerul5.BITNET                         University of Leiden
   thomas@uvabick.UUCP                          University of Amsterdam
   hol0066.AppleLink
   2:508/15.FidoNet                             The Netherlands