[comp.sys.mac.programmer] compress

gz@spt.entity.com (Gail Zacharias) (05/01/88)

In article <40921DN5@PSUVM> DN5@PSUVM.BITNET (D. Jay Newman) writes:
>I need a version of the unix compress utility which can run
>on a Mac to decompress this stuff.

I have posted (or actually will in about 5 minutes) to comp.sources.mac the
sources for an MPW tool to do unix-compatible compression/decompression. You
need MPW both to compile and to use this program.   Included in the sources
is a library that should make it very simple to add compression/decompression
to just about any program which writes/reads files sequentially.  Maybe
somebody can take this library and wrap a stand-alone user interface around
it.  Since I have MPW, I can't quite get motivated to do that...

--
gz@entity.com					...!mit-eddie!spt!gz
	Now let's all repeat the non-conformist oath.

DN5@PSUVM.BITNET (D. Jay Newman) (05/09/88)

I am posting this as a followup, because I tried mail, and it bounced.

To Gail Zacharias (gz AT spt.entity.com):
  The MPW uncompress utility hasn't arrived on our comp.source.mac yet, and
I could really use this.  Would it be possible to email this, or for me to
send a disk?  (I hope your mailer doesn't bounce the reply!)

                         Jay Newman
email:  dn5 AT psuvm (bitnet)
mail:   12 Willard Building
        University Park, PA  16802