[comp.sys.mac.programmer] When will LS Pascal be MF compatible?

peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) (05/23/88)

Anyone hear any rumours when Lightspeed Pascal will be upgraded
so it will be multifinder compatible. I hate having to boot
twice (i.e. I forget I'm going to run Lightspeed Pascal and
boot with Multifinder, then have to reboot with the @#&$#& cmd
key down!)

--
Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst
Acadia University, Wolfville, NS, Canada B0P1X0 (902)542-2201x121

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (05/23/88)

In article <1087@aucs.UUCP> peter@aucs.UUCP (Peter Steele) writes:
>Anyone hear any rumours when Lightspeed Pascal will be upgraded
>so it will be multifinder compatible.

	I *HATE HATE HAT* RUMORS!!!

:-)

	The next release of Lightspeed Pascal (mid-to-late-summer) will
be MultiFinder compatible (along with a bunch of other neatokean stuff)).

>I hate having to boot
>twice (i.e. I forget I'm going to run Lightspeed Pascal and
>boot with Multifinder, then have to reboot with the @#&$#& cmd
>key down!)

	I do to, which I why I wrote a little program to let me choose
at system startup. (It's called "ToMultiFinder"* and can be found on
comp.binaries.mac). IIt puts up a dialog, and pressing the Enter key gets
you the Finder (you can change the alert with Resedit if you want), and
there are buttons for Finder and MultiFinder. So you don't have to remember
to hold down the command key!

>Peter Steele, Microcomputer Applications Analyst

		--Rich

* "ToMultiFinder" is also the name of a similar program that Jon Hueras
wrote to go with InBox, and I suppose I should change the name... But I
wrote it first! :-)

Rich Siegel
Quality Assurance Technician
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305