[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Need help with Lightspeed C

jmm@thoth4.berkeley.edu (05/21/88)

Can someone please tell me what version of LSC I should be using on a Mac +
(and what system should go along with it).  Right now I'm using 2.11,
and I'm getting very strange bugs in places where I can't figure out what's
wrong.  As I always write perfect code :-), I must be using the wrong
version of the compiler.
This is what my code looks like right now:

/* Initialize the managers - this is lifted verbatim from TransSkel */
	MaxApplZone();
	FlushEvents (everyEvent - diskMask,0);
	InitGraf(&thePort);
	InitFonts;
	InitWindows();
	InitMenus();
	TEInit();
	InitDialogs(nil);
	InitCursor();
/* then call my menu setup procedure... */

/*I have checked to make sure that the resource file is in
the same folder as the project file, and that the resource
is correctly numbered in the .rsrc file.  The MBAR resource
is simply three menus, numbered 1, 2, 3.	*/

/* attempt to set up the menu bar */

menuSetup () {
handle	mHandle;
	mHandle=GetNewMBar(1);	/* It gets this far and then dies
				somewhere in never-never land with
				an address error.  This is
				the first statement in the
				procedure.  */
/* more code here.... */

Last but not least, any word on 3.0 and the symbolic
debugger?

James Moore				| B'fhearr don net mura mbeadh
jmm@bartleby.berkeley.edu		| Bearla ar bith ann.
#airigh "leithsceal caighdeanach"	| 			:-)

chuq@plaid.Sun.COM (Chuq Von Rospach) (05/22/88)

>Can someone please tell me what version of LSC I should be using on a Mac +
>(and what system should go along with it).  Right now I'm using 2.11,

The current release is 2.15.

Chuq Von Rospach			chuq@sun.COM		Delphi: CHUQ

	Robert A. Heinlein: 1907-1988. He will never truly die as long as we
                           read his words and speak his name. Rest in Peace.

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (05/22/88)

In article <10180@agate.BERKELEY.EDU> jmm@thoth4.berkeley.edu () writes:
>Can someone please tell me what version of LSC I should be using on a Mac +

	The latest version of LightspeedC is 2.15; updates to this version
can be foundd in comp.binaries.mac or in the <info-mac> directory on
sumex.stanford.edu.

>and I'm getting very strange bugs in places where I can't figure out what's
>wrong.  As I always write perfect code :-), I must be using the wrong
>version of the compiler.
>This is what my code looks like right now:

.
.
.
	Q1: Are the menus with ID numbers 1, 2, and 3 in your resource file?
	Q2: Are you calling SetMenuBar() with your newly loaded menu bar?

If the menus aren't in the resource file, that might have something too do
with it.

>Last but not least, any word on 3.0 and the symbolic
>debugger?

	Around mid-summertime.

		-Rich

Rich Siegel
Quality Assurance Technician
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

jmm@thoth4.berkeley.edu (05/24/88)

>	Q1: Are the menus with ID numbers 1, 2, and 3 in your resource file?
>	Q2: Are you calling SetMenuBar() with your newly loaded menu bar?
>
>If the menus aren't in the resource file, that might have something too do
>with it.

Yes, they're there.  The only resources I have are the MBAR and the three
MENU resources for this.  SetMenuBar is called several lines later in
the code, but I get a consistent bomb at the call to GetNewMBar and
never reach SetMenuBar.