[comp.sys.mac.programmer] A quick question: Lightspeed C, how does it work?

csnjr@its63b.ed.ac.uk (Nick Rothwell) (06/02/88)

Can I ask a very quick question?
I intend to purchase Lightspeed C soon, but none of the reviews explain in
detail how the "project" system works.
   It is my understanding that a project file holds the *object code* and
other book-keeping data, but *not* the source code. This means that (1)
I can share source libraries between projects, and (2) any improvements I
make to library stuff propagate (eventually) to any projects using it.
This is what I want. I'd be disappointed if the project files actually
included the source text as well...
   Am I right?

		Nick.
--
Nick Rothwell,	Laboratory for Foundations of Computer Science, Edinburgh.
		nick%lfcs.ed.ac.uk@nss.cs.ucl.ac.uk

tedj@hpcilzb.HP.COM (Ted Johnson) (06/05/88)

Yes, you're correct.

-Ted

singer@endor.UUCP (06/05/88)

In article <1407@its63b.ed.ac.uk> nick@lfcs.ed.ac.uk writes:
>Can I ask a very quick question?
>I intend to purchase Lightspeed C soon, but none of the reviews explain in
>detail how the "project" system works.
>   It is my understanding that a project file holds the *object code* and
>other book-keeping data, but *not* the source code. This means that (1)
>I can share source libraries between projects, and (2) any improvements I
>make to library stuff propagate (eventually) to any projects using it.
>This is what I want. I'd be disappointed if the project files actually
>included the source text as well...
>   Am I right?

	Completely correct.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
THINK Technologies

Rich Siegel
Quality Assurance Technician
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305