[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ShoveIt 1.0

gz@spt.entity.com (Gail Zacharias) (06/08/88)

There is a stray 'rts' in the ShoveIt source I recently posted to
comp.sources.mac.  The effect is that if you have the misfortune of
trying to make a stuffit archive containing a file which shouldn't
be compressed (e.g. because it's compressed already), your mac will
crash.  To remove the stray rts, either execute the MPW command:

          File shoveit.a; cut 399:399

or equivalently remove the 'rts' line in the following sequence in shoveit.a:

	  add.l loglen,opb+ioLEOF(a6)
	  lea opb(a6),a0
	  _SetEof
	  bne write_err
-->>	rts
	endif#
	move.l loglen,d0
@ret	add.l d0,shdr.length(a6)
	move.w crc,d1

My apologies.

--
gz@entity.com					        ...!mit-eddie!gz
      To err is human, to really screw things up you need MPW.

guido@cwi.nl (Guido van Rossum) (06/09/88)

In article <11794@Apple.Apple.COM> dan@Apple.COM.UUCP (Dan Allen) writes:
>ShoveIt is great! Thanks for giving to us.  As one of the original MPW
>team, I am very happy to see that someone is using our Structured Macros
>for the MPW assembler.  It made my day...

So that explainss why you decree that everybody should know the assembly
language of the machine they're working on :-) :-) :-)
--
Guido van Rossum, Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science (CWI), Amsterdam
guido@piring.cwi.nl or mcvax!piring!guido or guido%piring.cwi.nl@uunet.uu.net