[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Inexpensive Disassembler?

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (06/10/88)

In article <104700031@uiucdcsp> gillies@uiucdcsp.cs.uiuc.edu writes:

>Does anyone out there know of a public-domain (or shareware)
>disassembler for the macintosh?  A 68020 disassembler would be really
>nice, but a 68000 version would suffice.
>
>Don Gillies {ihnp4!uiucdcs!gillies} U of Illinois
>            {gillies@cs.uiuc.edu}

There have been one or two different public-domain disassemblers that I
have seen for the Mac, but I have always had a hard time using them.
They were pretty bad...

Commercially, the standard debuggers (MacsBug, TMON, MacNosy) have
disassemblers in them.  Also, MPW contains two tools (DumpObj and
DumpCode) that disassemble to text files.  DumpCode, DumpObj, and
MacsBug all share the same disassembler, which does do 68020, 68030,
68881, and 68851 instructions.  (In MPW 2.0)

Dan Allen
Apple Computer