[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Old Roms vs. List Manager

lipa@POLYA.STANFORD.EDU (William Lipa) (07/05/88)

I am working on an application that needs to run on an unenhanced 512K Mac.
Is the List Manager compatible with the old roms found in this machine? It
would be very convenient to be able to use it, but Inside Macintosh IV
doesn't clearly state whether it is available on 512K machines.

Bill Lipa
lipa%polya@forsythe.stanford.edu

drc@dbase.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (07/06/88)

In article <CMM.0.86.584067945.lipa@polya.stanford.edu>, lipa@POLYA.STANFORD.EDU (William Lipa) writes:
> I am working on an application that needs to run on an unenhanced 512K Mac.
> Is the List Manager compatible with the old roms found in this machine? It
> would be very convenient to be able to use it, but Inside Macintosh IV
> doesn't clearly state whether it is available on 512K machines.

The List Manager is compatible with the old ROMs; however, you'll either need
to insure that the user is running a System that contains LDEF 0 (assuming you
are using the standard list definition procedure) or that you include the
necessary LDEF resource in your application.

Dennis Cohen
Claris
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _MINE_!