[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Does MicroEmacs-style programmability exist in GNU Emacs?

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (07/16/88)

In article <7389@j.cc.purdue.edu> nwd@j.cc.purdue.edu.UUCP (Daniel Lawrence) writes:
>	Yes, I am committed to getting a mac port of the current
>uEMACS... Its just my lack of time and understanding of MAC programming
>that has held me back.  I hope to have such a beast ready soon.  Version
>3.9 does have a lot more horsepower in the macro language... the manual
>does give an explanation of all the programming features.

I posted a port of uEMACS 3.9e to comp.binaries.mac a few days ago.
If all goes well, it should appear there real soon now.  This is the
last port I plan to do, because of lack of time and all the other
reasons.  It works.  It is compatible with the latest Macintosh system
software and machines with the possible exception of A/UX.  It runs
all the 3.9e macro files.

It seems to me that uEMACS needs a Macintosh programmer/volunteer to
work closely with Dan Lawrence and keep the Macintosh version of the
program up to date, incorporate Dan's latest changes, and maybe even
work towards A/UX compatibility.  Anybody want the job?  If you do,
get in touch with Dan to establish some sort of working arrangement,
then with me to get my latest sources.  Judging from the number of
requests for source disks I get, there should be somebody...

Earle Horton
Earle R. Horton.  H.B. 8000, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755