[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Dialog Font Control

cosmos@druhi.ATT.COM (Ronald A. Guest) (07/08/88)

Is there a reasonably easy way to control what font is used to display a
editText item being inputted by a user into a Modal dialog field?  I have
tried a couple of things and they don't seem to work.  Any advice/insight
would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Ronald A. Guest, Supervisor     ...!ihnp4!druhi!cosmos
AT&T Laboratories               <--- but these are my thoughts, not theirs
12110 N. Pecos St.              Denver, Colorado 80234          (303) 538-4896

bob@eecs.nwu.edu (Bob Hablutzel) (07/19/88)

Try setting the global variable DAFont. This controls the font used by
Dialogs

mnkonar@srcsip.UUCP (Murat N. Konar) (07/20/88)

 Bob Hablutzel writes in response to a question I don't remember seeing:
 >Try setting the global variable DAFont. This controls the font
 > used by dialogs.

 My understanding is that only Text Items will use the new font,ie. Control
 titles (Buttons, CheckBoxes, RadioButtons are all controls) still use the
 system font.

ech@poseidon.UUCP (Edward C Horvath) (07/23/88)

>  Bob Hablutzel writes in response to a question I don't remember seeing:
>  >Try setting the global variable DAFont. This controls the font
>  > used by dialogs.

>  My understanding is that only Text Items will use the new font,ie. Control
>  titles (Buttons, CheckBoxes, RadioButtons are all controls) still use the
>  system font.

The global is DlgFont (short at $AFA) and only affects editText and staticText
items.  A cleaner way is to use SetDAFont (fontNum).

If you want controls to use the same font, it gets a bit hairier:
	- define the controls as separate resources.  Add useWSFont (8)
	  to the control definition ID (e.g. pushButProc+useWSFont for
	  a standard button).
	- in the DITL, specify resCtrl+ctrlItem as the type, and give the
	  control's resID as the data for the item.

All of which may be more trouble than it's worth in the context of doing
dialogs.  If you want a button in one of your own (non-dialog) windows, then
the useWSFont flag makes some sense.

=Ned Horvath=