[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Bug in Scroll2 CNTL resource.

cyosta@taux01.UUCP (Yossie Silverman) (07/23/88)

I think I have uncovered a bug in the Scroll2 CNTL resource posted lately.
When the scroll bar is short (in my case an Inch = 72 points) the Scroll2
CNTL doesn't print the second pair of scroll arrows.  Unfortunately, the
TrackControl function, when called for the inThumb part, doesn't work. Has
anyone else experienced this behavior?  Is there a fix available?

--
Yossie Silverman                                   What did the Caspian sea?
National Semiconductor Ltd. (Israel)				- Saki

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (07/25/88)

In article <868@taux01.UUCP> taux0!1cyosta@nsc.UUCP (Yossie Silverman) writes:
>I think I have uncovered a bug in the Scroll2 CNTL resource posted lately.
>When the scroll bar is short (in my case an Inch = 72 points) the Scroll2
>CNTL doesn't print the second pair of scroll arrows.  Unfortunately, the
>TrackControl function, when called for the inThumb part, doesn't work. Has
>anyone else experienced this behavior?  Is there a fix available?

I had noticed that only the orignal controls are drawn when the window gets
small, but that makes sense.  If the double controls were drawn, they would
be useless as there isn't enough room for them.  I do not consider this a
bug and if it was intentional, then kudos to the programmer for forsight.
BUT, I have also noticed the bug you mentioned... so... maybe... er, um...
well, maybe I was wrong...

-ajw
:-)

Andy J. Williams '90   |Ack Systems: ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu|   _   /|
Kiewit Computation Ctr |Hello. Set $NAME='Iinigo Montoya' You |     ( )  /
Dartmouth College      |kill -9 my process.  Prepare to vi.   |      U

jeff@amsdsg.UUCP (Jeff Barr) (07/25/88)

Scroll2?  Could someone mail me one? I didn't see it go by ...

					Jeff
	|  Jeff Barr   AMS   uunet!amsdsg!jeff   800-832-8668 |