[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Hooking the Color Picker?

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (07/22/88)

Is it possible that the Color Picker Package can have support for
custom dialog filters, dialog hooks, and programmer-defined dialogs in the
same sense that the Standard File Package provides that support? It does
not seem to be there now, but it might be a nice additon for future
system releases.

Of course, I could use that functionality right now, but...

	--Rich

Rich Siegel
Quality Assurance Technician
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

jmunkki@santra.HUT.FI (Juri Munkki) (07/26/88)

In article <4999@husc6.harvard.edu> singer@endor.UUCP (Rich Siegel) writes:
>Is it possible that the Color Picker Package can have support for
>custom dialog filters, dialog hooks, and programmer-defined dialogs in the
>same sense that the Standard File Package provides that support? It does
>not seem to be there now, but it might be a nice additon for future
>system releases.

It would probably be even better, if someone defined a new control type
for color picking. You would then add three of these controls each on
top of the other to create a color picker. Each one would hold the value
of a single color. It be done so that one rect would be for the placement
of the color palette (the circle), one for the numbers and one for the
sample color.

Who wants to write one in C and send it to MacTutor...I'm sure they would
love to publish it! It should be pretty easy to write, if you're familiar
with colorQD.

Juri Munkki
jmunkki@santra.hut.fi
jmunkki@fingate.bitnet