[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MPW Pascal doesn't recognise StringToNum

lst@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Little Small Talk) (08/04/88)

Sender :Tony Cunningham

Has anyone on the net encountered the problem of MPW Pascal refusing to
recognise the Binary-Decimal Package routine StringToNum ? When I try and use
it in a program I get the 102 Identifier not recognised error.
	Thanks.
Janet: rick@uk.ac.ed		BITNET: rick%uk.ac.ed@UKACRL
ARPA: rick@ed.ac.uk		UUCP: rick%uk.ac.ed%ukc@mcvax

"Life would be so much easier if everyone read the manual."

drc@claris.UUCP (Dennis Cohen) (08/07/88)

In article <619@etive.ed.ac.uk> lst@lfcs.ed.ac.uk (Little Small Talk) writes:

>Has anyone on the net encountered the problem of MPW Pascal refusing to
>recognise the Binary-Decimal Package routine StringToNum ? When I try and use
>it in a program I get the 102 Identifier not recognised error.

The only way I've been able to reproduce that is to omit PackIntf from my
USES list.  Is it possible that you have overlooked this?

Dennis Cohen
Claris Corp.
Disclaimer:  Any opinions expressed above are _MINE_!

thomas@uvabick.UUCP (Thomas Fruin) (08/09/88)

How about using SANE's Str2Num?

-- Thomas Fruin

   fruin@hlerul5.BITNET                            University of Leiden
   thomas@uvabick.UUCP                             University of Amsterdam
   hol0066.AppleLink
   2:512/114.FidoNet ("MacSaga Motherboard")       The Netherlands