[comp.sys.mac.programmer] HELP: how to dissassemble an application?

squatt@imag.imag.fr ( Le Toullec / Eq T.Muntean) (08/08/88)

(I post recently this news but i am not sure it reaches its "target".)

    I wrote a few days ago, a dessassembler for 68000 (UNIX machines'),
and now i want to test it on a macintosh.
My problem is how to retreive the CODE ressource of an application to
dissassemble it.
I must probably use OpenResFiles() and so... but what exactly.

Any suggestions will be very appreciate.

I use LSC and source code would be well received.

Maiden

newton@mtund.ATT.COM (Newton Lee) (08/10/88)

In article <3301@imag.imag.fr>, squatt@imag.imag.fr ( Le Toullec / Eq T.Muntean) writes:
> My problem is how to retreive the CODE ressource of an application to
> dissassemble it.

Try MacNosy. It's pretty good at what it does - disassembling Mac programs.

Newton Lee
AT&T Bell Laboratories