[comp.sys.mac.programmer] CDEV's How To Make

ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Andy J. Williams) (08/15/88)

In article <56406@ti-csl.CSNET> white@tilde.UUCP (Robert White) writes:
>I have been having a terrible time trying to build a cdev.  I thought I was
>following all the rules in Inside Mac V5 and I was using MPW C and I could
>get the thing to link.  So I said "fine" and since it was short I copied the
>sample in MPW Pascal ... surely all the parts are their ...
...                                                ^^^^ (there)
>Any hints on how to link these guys?

I just went through all this last week or so.  Here is my makefile for the
Sample Cdev in Inside Mac V

#   File:       Sample.make
#   Target:     Sample
#   Sources:    Sample.r Sample.p
#   Created:    Sunday, July 31, 1988 1:36:00 PM

Sample (ff) Sample.p.o Sample.r
	Rez -rd Sample.r -o Sample
Sample.p.o (f) Sample.p
	Pascal Sample.p
Sample (ff) Sample.make Sample.p.o
	Link -w -t cdev -rt cdev=-4064 -c bltz -m Sample (d)
		Sample.p.o (d)
		"{Libraries}"Interface.o (d)
		"{Libraries}"Runtime.o (d)
		"{PLibraries}"PasLib.o (d)
		-o Sample

Where "(f)" and "(ff)" = Option f (or ff)
   and "(d) = option d

Hope this helps!

>	Robert J White Jr

-Andy J. Williams

Andy J. Williams '90   |Ack Systems: ack@eleazar.dartmouth.edu|   _   /|
Kiewit Computation Ctr |Hello. Set $NAME='Iinigo Montoya' You |     ( )  /
Dartmouth College      |kill -9 my process.  Prepare to vi.   |      U