[comp.sys.mac.programmer] NCSA Telnet & LSC

alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) (08/17/88)

i've posted this to comp.protocols.appletalk without much
in the way of response.

i use NCSA Telnet 2.1 and LSC v2.15 and v3.0p2 daily.
if i don't use Telnet, i can run LSC and applications
created with it all day long without problems.

after i run Telnet, if i then run LSC or derivatives, i
almost always get a crash (bus error, or other) at
some arbitrary place, including doing nothing.

what i've taken to doing is always rebooting directly
after running Telnet, and i'm always safe.

has anyone experienced this phenomenon and/or know what
causes it and how to fix it?

thanks.

-----------------------------
Alan Epstein
Meta Software Corp                   UUCP:  ...bbn!metasoft!alan
150 Cambridgepark Dr        Internet/ARPA:  alan%metasoft@bbn.com
Cambridge, MA 02140  USA
-----------------------------

anson@spray.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson) (08/23/88)

In article <419@metasoft.UUCP> alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) writes:
>after i run Telnet, if i then run LSC or derivatives, i
>almost always get a crash (bus error, or other) at
>some arbitrary place, including doing nothing.

I routinely run Telnet and LSC together under MultiFinder. I have not
experienced any such problems. Of course we may be running different
versions of something crucial.
   Ed Anson,    Calcomp Display Products Division,    Hudson NH 03051
   (603) 885-8712,      anson@elrond.CalComp.COM

alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) (08/25/88)

In article <2412@spray.CalComp.COM>, anson@spray.CalComp.COM (Ed Anson) writes:
> In article <419@metasoft.UUCP> alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) writes:
> >after i run Telnet, if i then run LSC or derivatives, i
> >almost always get a crash (bus error, or other) at
> >some arbitrary place, including doing nothing.
>
> I routinely run Telnet and LSC together under MultiFinder. I have not
> experienced any such problems. Of course we may be running different
> versions of something crucial.

Telnet 2.2 seems to have fixed this most annoying problem. thanks
to NCSA.

-alan