[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Using the 68020 Cache

jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) (08/25/88)

A couple of (possibly) naive questions:
	How big is the Cache on the 68020?
	How can I be sure that my inner loop is
small enough to fit in the Cache? I'm writing code in
LSC 3.0, so I don't apriori know how big it will be, but
I suppose I can disassemble the code to find its size.

				Jim Meiss
		 		jdm@emx.utexas.edu
				jdm%uta.MFENET@nmfecc.ARPA

dan@Apple.COM (Dan Allen) (08/25/88)

In article <5348@ut-emx.UUCP> jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) writes:

>A couple of (possibly) naive questions:
>	How big is the Cache on the 68020?
256 bytes for program instructions, 0 bytes for data

>	How can I be sure that my inner loop is
>small enough to fit in the Cache? I'm writing code in

Make sure your sensitive routine fits in 256 bytes.  This is best done
with something like dumpObj in MPW, or looking at the routine with the
disassembler in MacsBug.

Dan Allen
Apple Computer