[comp.sys.mac.programmer] ICON

Ilan@cup.portal.com (05/17/88)

I would prefer the System (in ROM) to provide the proper ICON for the
machine its running in.

                           - Ilan Rabinowitz -    with ILANET(tm)
                           Ilan@cup.portal.com

kah120@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Ken Heitke) (09/02/88)

I know this information has passed through before but I missed it.  Who do
I contact about getting of version of ICON for the Mac and how much is it
for the license.

				thanks,
				Ken Heitke att!ihlpe!kah120

c164-ah@katerina.uucp (Class Account) (09/08/88)

In article <3417@ihlpe.ATT.COM> kah120@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Ken Heitke) writes:
>I know this information has passed through before but I missed it.  Who do
>I contact about getting of version of ICON for the Mac and how much is it
>for the license.

ICON version 7 for the Mac requires the MPW environment.  It is available
for the cost of media/shipping direct from the Icon project at the University
of Arizona.  It doesn't yet seem to be available via anonymous ftp from
arizona.edu.

Write to

	Icon Project
	Department of Computer Science
	Gould-Simpson Building
	The University of Arizona
	Tucson, AZ  85721

Give them your name, your address, phone number(s), email address, and the kind
of computer you are using.  In return they'll give you (free!) a subscription
to the Icon newsletter.  This newsletter has order forms for software.

Icon is a very interesting language, and I heartily recommend it.  Icon is
totally in the public domain, so you don't need a license and you can get
and hack the source code if you want.

Bob Heiney