[comp.sys.mac.programmer] double strtod

simon@alberta.UUCP (Simon Tortike) (09/13/88)

In article <1585@pembina.UUCP>, simon@alberta.UUCP (Simon Tortike) writes:
> I am writing an application that requires me to change a string into a
> float or double number.  The input is already partly filtered (a filterproc
> in a modal dialog) but I still need to check the exponentiation, etc.
> K&R (2nd. ed) document `double strtod(const char *s, char **endp)' as part
> of the header file <stdlib.h>, which returns information in *endp whether
> the entire string was converted.  In my case, I wish to reject the number

(sheepishly) well I suppose I should have tried harder before mailing this,
but I have a perfectly good form of strtod now.  If anyone wants a copy
I'll mail it to them.

By the way, has anyone else noticed that the Stubs.c file for use when making
MPW tools in C removes the floating point formatting?  I got garbage for
two hours before I realised my programming ability wasn't all that bad.

> Simon Tortike, Department of Mining, Metallurgical and Petroleum Engineering,
> The University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, CANADA T6G 2G6.
> simon@alberta.uucp | AGT: 403/432-3338 | stortike@ualtavm.bitnet
(That's me.)