[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacApp and the Control Manager

DN5@PSUVM.BITNET (D. Jay Newman) (09/20/88)

I was trying to program a simple pushbutton in a normal view in a
normal window using MacApp.  I put the CNTL resourse in the resourse
file, and it comes up once.  If the window is updated for any reason,
the button goes away.  Also my .DoTrackControl method of my view never
gets called.  I did all of the control stuff as mentioned in IM 1, but
nothing happens.  After almost 3 days I gave up and created my own button
class which fakes it (draws it on the screen, and uses a TCommand subtype
to make the button act like a normal button.  While this does work, it just
doesn't seem like the thing to do.

Has anybody out there ever got controls to work in a standard window using
MacApp?

                                     Jay, etc...

dgold@Apple.COM (David Goldsmith) (09/21/88)

In article <54082DN5@PSUVM> DN5@PSUVM.BITNET (D. Jay Newman) writes:
>Has anybody out there ever got controls to work in a standard window using
>MacApp?

MacApp 2.0b5 (available from APDA) handles controls in a much better fashion.
I strongly recommend trying the new version.

David Goldsmith                                           Apple Computer, Inc.
AppleLink: GOLDSMITH1    BIX: dgoldsmith         20525 Mariani Avenue, MS: 46B
UUCP: {nsc,dual,sun,voder,ucbvax!mtxinu}!apple!dgold       Cupertino, CA 95014
CSNET: dgold@apple.com