[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LSC patch

suitti@haddock.ima.isc.com (Steve Uitti) (09/14/88)

	A patch to LSC 3.0 was posted to the net recently.  It occurs to
me that I've **NEVER** sucessfully downloaded a binary to any of my machines
that ran.  I've tried "binary" modes during transfer, etc., but nothing
works.  Does anyone have it on a MAC disk who could make a copy & US MAIL it?
Should I write to Semantec?

	Please reply via EMAIL.

	Stephen.

jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) (09/19/88)

In article <7443@haddock.ima.isc.com> suitti@haddock.ima.isc.com (Steve Uitti) writes:

>	A patch to LSC 3.0 was posted to the net recently.  It occurs to

	I was sad not to get LSC 3.0 during the original mailing, but
did finally get it last week....and it turns out to be version 3.01.

	I don't know if this is the same as the patched version, or
perhaps even better?

				Jim Meiss
		 		jdm@emx.utexas.edu

jwhitnell@cup.portal.com (09/20/88)

jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss)  writes...
|        I was sad not to get LSC 3.0 during the original mailing, but
|did finally get it last week....and it turns out to be version 3.01.
|
|        I don't know if this is the same as the patched version, or
|perhaps even better?

3.01 is the release version of 3.0p2, according to THINK.  They didn't
mention any differences between 3.0p2 and 3.01 other then the version number.

--
Jerry Whitnell
jwhitnell@cup.portal.com

alan@metasoft.UUCP (Alan Epstein) (09/21/88)

In article <9269@cup.portal.com>, jwhitnell@cup.portal.com writes:
> 3.01 is the release version of 3.0p2, according to THINK.  They didn't
> mention any differences between 3.0p2 and 3.01 other then the version number.

i recently received from THINK (Bedford, MA) a patch called 3.01p1 which
is a superset of 3.0p2, and which was supposed to stop my projects from
corrupting and crashing LSC. it seems to have cleaned up MOST of the problems.

what does this mean in terms of the actual release version that is
current?

Alan Epstein
Meta Software Corp                   UUCP:  ...bbn!metasoft!alan
150 Cambridgepark Dr        Internet/ARPA:  alan%metasoft@bbn.com
Cambridge, MA 02140  USA