[comp.sys.mac.programmer] GDevices

erics@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Eric Schlegel) (10/03/88)

I'm using my own gDevice for drawing in an offscreen pixmap, and I'm wondering
about the proper way to initialize it. IM V simply says that the user must
fill out the fields in the gDevice and that InitGDevice won't do it. Are there
any subtleties that I need to watch out for? Thanks for any help.

Eric
------
Eric Schlegel                 |  DISCLAIMER: I'm just a poor college student,
eric.schlegel@dartmouth.edu   |  which means I'm not responsible for what I

darin@Apple.COM (Darin Adler) (10/05/88)

In article <10256@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> erics@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Eric Schlegel) writes:
> I'm using my own gDevice for drawing in an offscreen pixmap, and I'm wondering
> about the proper way to initialize it. IM V simply says that the user must
> fill out the fields in the gDevice and that InitGDevice won't do it. Are there
> any subtleties that I need to watch out for? Thanks for any help.

Note that your private GDevice should not be inserted in the device list.
The field gdNextGD should be set to NIL, and you need not initialize any
of the gdCCxxx fields, which are used for cursor handling for devices in
the device list.
--
Darin Adler					       AppleLink: Adler4
UUCP: {sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual}!apple!darin	  CSNET: darin@Apple.com