[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Menu shortcuts in DAs

matthews@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jim Matthews) (10/07/88)

Is there any trick to making a DA receive accMenu messages in response
to command-key shortcuts?  I have a menu that works fine when you select
items with the mouse, but shortcuts are just passed on as keydown
events.  The menu id is in the DRVR header and the dCtlEntry, and it's
in the DA's range of owned resource numbers.  I'm sure that I don't want
to call MenuKey myself, but otherwise I don't know what to do in order
to let users access the menu from the keyboard.

Jim Matthews
Dartmouth Software Development

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (10/07/88)

In article <10297@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU> matthews@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Jim Matthews) writes:
>Is there any trick to making a DA receive accMenu messages in response
>to command-key shortcuts?  I have a menu that works fine when you select

	Write your own MenuKey, which calls getItemCmd (available on systems
4.1 and later) to determine the key command for your menu.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.