[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Problem of LSP

kato@eecs.nwu.edu (Masao Kato) (10/16/88)

I'm a new user of LSP, but it causes a system error (error code = 1)
when I compile any programs. Dose anyone help me to solve this problem ?
Configration: Mac II (Mem. 5MB) System 6.0
              LSC version 1.11a
Thanks in advance.
------------------
Masao Kato (kato@eece.nwu.edu)

rj0z+@andrew.cmu.edu (Robert George Johnston, Jr.) (10/16/88)

    I have found that LSP 1.11 does not always work correctly when the
Mac II is displaying color. Try using Switcheroo or the Monitors cdev to
go to black and white. Maybe this will solve your problems.

    Rob Johnston.

pollock@usfvax2.EDU (Wayne Pollock) (10/25/88)

I am a new user of LSP 1.11 (received it 10/20), and I am
having some problems.  I have  Mac II with system softwre 5.0,
5M Ram, CMS internal hard disk, and Apple's non-color monitor.
while running under MultiFinder, starting up MS Word 3.02 caused
the mac to bomb! (this is after first starting up LSP).  Even when
LSP doesn't bomb, it reports "Warning! damaged zone" type messages.

Is LSP incompatible with any know "standard" inits?  I use things
like quickeys, suitcase II, pyro!, and a few others too.

One problem may be the libraries I'm using.  LSP shipped with two
versions of the libraries, and I'm just using the standard, as-shipped
setup;  Do I need to removed the standard libraries and replace them
with the x-versions of the libraries?  How do I do this? (and what
about the interface files?)

The chapter in the manual on installation was terrible.  Can some
knowledgable soul out there respond with instructions on what to throw
away, what needs to be moved/renamed/recompiled/relinked/whatever, to
have a working version on a Mac II.  (By the way, will LSP run under
sys 6.02?  Do I need sys 6.02?)

Lastly, are there any known bugs that I need to be aware of (and is
there any patch files around)?

Please help! Thanks.

Wayne Pollock (The MAD Scientist)	pollock@usfvax2.usf.edu
Usenet:		...!{uflorida, codas}!usfvax2!pollock
GEnie:		W.POLLOCK

singer@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (10/27/88)

In article <1147@usfvax2.EDU> pollock@usfvax2.UUCP (Wayne Pollock) writes:
>Is LSP incompatible with any know "standard" inits?

	No, but Lightspeed Pascal 1.11 does not work under MultiFinder.

>One problem may be the libraries I'm using.  LSP shipped with two
>versions of the libraries, and I'm just using the standard, as-shipped
>setup;  Do I need to removed the standard libraries and replace them
>with the x-versions of the libraries?  How do I do this? (and what
>about the interface files?)

	The "x" versions of the interface files are the Inside Mac V analogs
of the standard interfaces; that is, xQuickDraw contains the Color QuickDraw
interfaces, xToolIntf contains the Color Toolbox routines, and so forth.
The X files are of no interest to you unless you're planning to write
code that takes advantage of features described in volume V.

	Caveat: the X interfaces were derived from interfaces in a beta
version of MPW, which was all that was available at the time, so they
do contain some things that have changed.

	The upcoming release 2.0 will work correctly under MultiFinder
(the betas are quite stable), and will contain correct interfaces.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: singer@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!singer
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.