[comp.sys.mac.programmer] RTF - is there a reference available ?

craig@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Craig) (11/01/88)

Does anybody have a full description of the RTF interchange format
used in Microsoft Word ?  We have a final year student doing some work on
document sharing and we would appreciate a complete list of the \operators.

Thanks

Craig.

--
UUCP:	 ...!seismo!mcvax!ukc!dcl-cs!craig| Post: University of Lancaster,
DARPA:	 craig%lancs.comp@ucl-cs          |	  Department of Computing,

patfieldk@jordache.UUCP (Kevin M. Patfield) (11/08/88)

In article <599@dcl-csvax.comp.lancs.ac.uk>, craig@comp.lancs.ac.uk (Craig) writes:

> Does anybody have a full description of the RTF interchange format
> used in Microsoft Word ?  We have a final year student doing some work on
> document sharing and we would appreciate a complete list of the \operators.

Yes, not surprisingly Microsoft do:-). What may be surprising is that they'll send you
a copy free. At least they sent me one, hopefully they would also send you one in
the UK.

I called Customer Service and admittedly it took a while before I could find anyone
who knew what I was talking about. I think the document is called something like
          "Rich Text Format Specification"
unfortunately there was no part number or anything. It's a bit large to post but
if you have no joy with MS I could summarize for you.

Good luck

Kevin

--The opinions expressed above are not necessarily mine and certainly not anyone elses--