[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Mac memory upgrades

dan@lclark.UUCP (Dan Revel) (12/14/88)

OK, we need to expand the memory on several of our Macintoshes.  Since
we are still waiting for a memory upgrade ordered in June from Apple
I am looking for alternative sources.  I would appreciate any information
you could provide about third party memory suppliers and your experience
with them (quality, cost, etc.).  I'll post a summary of your replies!

Thanks in advance,
--
dan@lclark
tektronix!reed!lclark!dan			Dylsexics untie! (-|

hal@aya.cs.cornell.edu (Hal Perkins) (12/15/88)

In article <369@lclark.UUCP> dan@lclark.UUCP (Dan Revel) writes:
>OK, we need to expand the memory on several of our Macintoshes.  Since
>we are still waiting for a memory upgrade ordered in June from Apple...

It seems that miracles can actually happen at Christmastime.  I was in
a local computer store yesterday (13 Dec.) and they had about 20 Apple
2MB memory upgrade kits, in both 120ns and 150ns flavors.  Could it be
that the RAM shortage is actually starting to ease up?

(Followups have been aimed at comp.sys.mac -- assuming I did it right --
since this doesn't just affect programmers.)

Hal Perkins                        hal@cs.cornell.edu
Cornell CS