[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Bug in LSC 3.0's DRVR numbering

jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) (12/13/88)

	I've discovered that when you set
the DRVR # to anything other than 12, in the
LSC dialog box, that LSC simply ignores the setting
and sets the DRVR to 12 anyway.
	Now I realize that using the default 12 is
fine in most cases, however if the ability to change
the number is advertised, it should work!
	I wanted to set the DRVR to some other number to
avoid conflict with Smart Alarms, which in my system uses
DRVR 12 and 13. I'm afraid to renumber these DRVR's because
I think Smart Alarms might be sensitive to this

				Jim Meiss
		 		jdm@emx.utexas.edu
				jdm@fusion.utexas.edu

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (12/14/88)

In article <8766@ut-emx.UUCP> jdm@ut-emx.UUCP (Jim Meiss) writes:

>	I've discovered that when you set
>the DRVR # to anything other than 12, in the
>LSC dialog box, that LSC simply ignores the setting
>and sets the DRVR to 12 anyway.

	This is fixed in 3.01p3; I've uploaded the patcher to comp.binaries,
and it should be there soon.

	(BTW, is it sufficient to PNews it to comp.binaries.mac, or do
I actually have to mail it to some moderator?)

		-Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.

ts@cup.portal.com (Tim W Smith) (12/18/88)

Isn't the bug in DA numbering?  I have several drivers I build regularly
in 3.0p1, and they come out with the correct numbers.

					Tim Smith