[comp.sys.mac.programmer] How do you send a message to AppleLink?

mithomas@bsu-cs.UUCP (Michael Thomas Niehaus) (12/16/88)

I remember hearing that they were going to try an AppleLink bridge at the
'dasnet' machine.  Does anyone know if this was successful?  If so, how do
you adress this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Michael Niehaus
Ball State University

carl@Apple.COM (Carl C. Hewitt) (12/20/88)

In article <5191@bsu-cs.UUCP> mithomas@bsu-cs.UUCP (Michael Thomas Niehaus) writes:
>I remember hearing that they were going to try an AppleLink bridge at the
>'dasnet' machine.  Does anyone know if this was successful?  If so, how do
>you adress this?  Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Michael Niehaus
>Ball State University

You can currently mail to "user@applelink.apple.com" to get mail from
Arpa to AppleLink, and then there is a funky way of getting mail back
to Arpa from AppleLink, but I think each message to AppleLink gives
you the return address back to Arpa.

						-- Carl

|   internet:	carl@apple.com       |  Apple Computer, Mac CPU ROM group     |
|   applelink:	hewitt2	             |  uucp:   {sun,decwrl}!apple!carl       |