[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Getting back to LSP from TMON

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (12/18/88)

When I run a program under the LSP environment and I either get dumped into
TMON because of some error, I have a great deal of trouble getting back
out, and generally have to reboot.  Using the User are functions 'Exit to
Shell' or 'Relaunch application' never work.  I assume this is because one
is running under the LSP shell.  Is there anyway to recover and get back
to LSP once one has crashed into TMON?

Robert
------
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
------
disclaimer:  all my opinions are mine

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (12/21/88)

In article <1196@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
>When I run a program under the LSP environment and I either get dumped into
>TMON because of some error, I have a great deal of trouble getting back
>out, and generally have to reboot.  Using the User are functions 'Exit to
>Shell' or 'Relaunch application' never work.  I assume this is because one
>is running under the LSP shell.  Is there anyway to recover and get back
>to LSP once one has crashed into TMON?

	Using "Re-Launch Application"  is not advised, because the project
document isn't really an application, and was not launched in the normal
fashion.

	In earlier versions of TMON (before 2.8.1, I think) there was a problem
with using "ExitToShell" from the user area.  The workaround is to bring
up the Registers window to "!_ExitToShell" (without the quotes), and exiting
TMON. Executing an ExitToShell under the environment is tantamount to choosing
"Reset" from the Run menu. If you haven't smashed Lightspeed Pascal, you
should be OK.

		--Rich
Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

Any opinions stated in this article do not necessarily reflect the views
or policies of Symantec Corporation or its employees.