[comp.sys.mac.programmer] SysEnvirons & SE/30

thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) (01/30/89)

 What number does SysEnvirons return in the machineType field on an SE/30?
It would be logical to assume 6 (since the Mac IIx was 5), but I understand
'slots' for various unreleased machines were reserved in advance, and may
not be in consecutive order.

 Thanks in advance--
-ken

--
==========     .......     =============================================
Ken McLeod    :.     .:    felix!dhw68k!thecloud@ics.uci.edu

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark Johnson) (02/01/89)

In article <19349@dhw68k.cts.com> thecloud@dhw68k.cts.com (Ken McLeod) writes:

> What number does SysEnvirons return in the machineType field on an SE/30?
>It would be logical to assume 6 (since the Mac IIx was 5), but I understand
>'slots' for various unreleased machines were reserved in advance, and may
>not be in consecutive order.

The SE/30 returns a 7.  The February 1989 release of Mac Tech Notes will
include a revised copy of #129 which documents this addition.

Mark B. Johnson                                           AppleLink: m.johnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_