[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Large static area in Think C 3.0

dudek@ai.toronto.edu (Gregory Dudek) (02/14/89)

    The issues of large static data areas ahas come up before with
regards to yacc output.  Here it is again.

    My yacc output causes a data segment greater than 32K which, in
turn, makes Think's Lightspeed C (3.0) unhappy.  Now that we
have that nice "separate strings" option, is there any way
to convince to stick my yacc table(s) in the STRS area? [They're
table of int's, not char's.]

  Greg Dudek

--
Dept. of Computer Science (vision group)    University of Toronto
Nice mailers:  dudek@ai.utoronto.ca

rae@geaclib.UUCP (Reid Ellis) (02/15/89)

dudek@ai.toronto.edu (Gregory Dudek) writes:
|    My yacc output causes a data segment greater than 32K which, in
|turn, makes Think's Lightspeed C (3.0) unhappy.
|..is there any way to convince to stick my yacc table(s) in
|the STRS area?  [They're table of int's, not char's.]

I'm not sure about RMaker or LSC, but if you have MPW handy, it should
be very easy to convert the table to Rez input and compile it into a
resource.  Of course, doing this every time you rebuild it will be a
pain.  But then I see no way to do it better with Lightspeed C.

Has anyone ported yacc to MPW?  I *think* I did a long
time ago.  I definitely did lex (flex), but I can't
remember if a PD yacc was posted and if I ported it.

					Reid
"They're getting away!  Let's MOVE!"
					"Watch it, there, Power Girl -- you
					 almost stepped on the Atom!"
"Oh.  Sorry."
--
Reid Ellis, geaclib!rae@geac.uucp, rae@geaclib.uucp [if you're lucky]

wetter@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Pierce T. Wetter) (02/17/89)

> Has anyone ported yacc to MPW?  I *think* I did a long
> time ago.  I definitely did lex (flex), but I can't
> remember if a PD yacc was posted and if I ported it.
>
> 					Reid

    I ported Bison (GNU Yacc) to the Mac (Wow, a Rhyme.) a long time ago.
  It was very easy, and in fact it might be nice if someone would port the
  new version.

Pierce
You can flame or laud me at:
wetter@tybalt.caltech.edu or wetter@csvax.caltech.edu or pwetter@caltech.bitnet
  (There would be a witty saying here, but my signature has to be < 4lines)