[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Image Display on Mac II

hong@venus.ycc.yale.edu (02/10/89)

Could somebody tell me how to display an image on Mac II using C ?
I think it has something to do with pixel map, but I had troubles to
create a right data structure.

It would be vey helpful if you could send me a piece of C code or if
you could tell me whether there is good reference book on this.

Thanks in advance.

Hong Yan/NMR Lab, Yale Medical School  (203)785-5296

yan@yalemed  or hong@yalevms  (bitnet)
hong@venus.ycc.yale.edu  (internet)

planting@hobbes.cs.pittsburgh.edu (Dr. Harry Plantinga) (02/11/89)

In article <50185@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> hong@venus.ycc.yale.edu writes:
>Could somebody tell me how to display an image on Mac II using C ?
>It would be vey helpful if you could send me a piece of C code or if
>you could tell me whether there is good reference book on this.

I second the motion.  Does anyone have Lightspeed-C source that they
would be willing to share for a program that opens PICT's (and/or Gif
files), draws them into an offscreen pixmap, and displays them in a
window?

Thanks in advance!

Harry Plantinga
planting@vax.cs.pittsburgh.edu

bonnett@umd5.umd.edu (David Bonnett) (02/17/89)

In article <4560@pitt.UUCP> planting@vax.cs.pittsburgh.edu (Harry Plantinga) writes:
>In article <50185@yale-celray.yale.UUCP> hong@venus.ycc.yale.edu writes:
>>Could somebody tell me how to display an image on Mac II using C ?
>I second the motion.  Does anyone have Lightspeed-C source that they
>would be willing to share for a program that opens PICT's (and/or Gif
>files), draws them into an offscreen pixmap, and displays them in a
>window?

I would like to see the same for TIFF files.  If possible, I would like
one that accepts both 68000 and Intel byte order files.  I just need starter
code and I can go from there.

David Bonnett, Instructional Computing Prog. Maryversity of Uniland
(Bonnett@umd5.umd.edu)  "I couldn't fail to disagree with you less"

yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu (02/18/89)

In article <4537@umd5.umd.edu>, bonnett@umd5.umd.edu (David Bonnett) writes...
>I would like to see the same for TIFF files.  If possible, I would like
>one that accepts both 68000 and Intel byte order files.  I just need starter
>code and I can go from there.

Bear River Associates in Berkeley, CA, has put into the public domain
a set of MPW C library routines that will read & write compressed &
uncompressed TIFF files, using either motorola or intel byte ordering.
Either contact them or they were referenced in one of last year's
Dr. Dobbs cover stories.

 Internet: yahnke@vms.macc.wisc.edu
   Bitnet: yahnke@wiscmacc(.bitnet)