[comp.sys.mac.programmer] disassembler source

tom@iconsys.UUCP (Tom Kimpton) (02/28/89)

I have an idea for a programming tool (actually several tools)
that I need a disassembler for.  I am used to Sun and Motorola
assembly syntax, but have not seen what passes for assembly on
the Mac as I use only LSC.  Does anyone know of a public domain
(or cheap commercial) source for a disassembler, that disassembles
in a manner that Mac programmers would be comfortable with?  Failing
that, how about an explanation of the syntax used on the Mac?  I
have not written a disassembler from scratch, but I have added
68020/68881 codes and extended addressing to a 68000 dissasembler, so
am familiar enough with the internals, if I could get a good start.

Thanks!
--
Tom Kimpton                    UUCP: {uunet,caeco,nrc-ut}!iconsys!tom
Software Development Engineer  ARPANET: icon%byuadam.bitnet@cunyvm.cuny.edu

tom@iconsys.UUCP (Tom Kimpton) (03/02/89)

In article <342@iconsys.UUCP> tom@iconsys.UUCP (Tom Kimpton) writes:
>I have an idea for a programming tool (actually several tools)
>that I need a disassembler for.  I am used to Sun and Motorola
>assembly syntax, but have not seen what passes for assembly on
>the Mac as I use only LSC.  Does anyone know of a public domain
>(or cheap commercial) source for a disassembler, that disassembles

Oops, what I meant to say was I need source code, so I can build
it into a tool.

Sorry.