[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Please send me Regionmaker

d6caps@dtek.chalmers.se. (Per Bergland) (03/03/89)

Could anyone out there please mail me the program "Regionmaker"
for the Macintosh. The program was described in "Byte" Jan 87
and it was said to be available on BIX. I desperatly need it.
Regionmaker is said to take a bitmap as an input and give a region
as output. Sounds perfect.
You can reach me at:

d6caps@dtek.chalmers.se

Another question: Does anyone know the latest version of ViewEdit
for editing MacApp views? I've got the alpha version 2 (1.0a2) and
would very much appreciate at least the beta version as there are
lots (and I mean lots!!!!) of bugs in the alpha release.
Mail me for list of explored bugs (haha).

Thank You,
Per Bergland
Student at Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg Sweden
Being as lousy a Unix hacker as I am I don't know how to fix a fancy signature.

keith@Apple.COM (Keith Rollin) (03/05/89)

In article <292@vice2utc.chalmers.se> d6caps@dtek.chalmers.se (Per Bergland) writes:
>Could anyone out there please mail me the program "Regionmaker"
>for the Macintosh. The program was described in "Byte" Jan 87
>and it was said to be available on BIX. I desperatly need it.
>Regionmaker is said to take a bitmap as an input and give a region
>as output. Sounds perfect.

Apple Developer Technical Support supplies something called BitMapRgn that
does what you want. However, if this is different than what was referred to
in the Byte article, then you may want to try to find RegionMaker; you'll
have to liscense the one we supply. On the other hand, our version is supported
and more likely to work with future version of the system.

>Another question: Does anyone know the latest version of ViewEdit
>for editing MacApp views? I've got the alpha version 2 (1.0a2) and
>would very much appreciate at least the beta version as there are
>lots (and I mean lots!!!!) of bugs in the alpha release.
>Mail me for list of explored bugs (haha).

I would *LOVE* get your list of bugs!!! 1.0a2 has been released for ages, and
what kind of feedback have we heard on it? None! Zilch! Zippo! Nada! Not a peep!
1.0a2 is still the currently released version, but with your help, we can
get that beta version out sooner.

INTERNET: keith@apple.com
"Argue for your Apple, and sure enough, it's yours" - Keith Rollin, Contusions