[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Differences between 512KE and MacPl

sklein@cdp.UUCP (03/19/89)

There *is* a difference between a Mac Plus and a 512KE w/non-Apple
upgrade.  This differennce is in the number of bytes of PRAM.  So
Far, the only things that won't work on 512KE's w/RAM upgrades are
the MAP CDEV and the Sound Manager.

I've heard there are INITS that fix both these problems, but I've
been unable to find them.
-Shabtai Klein

Minds, like           |    UUCP:      uunet!pyramid!cdp!sklein
parachutes,           |    Internet:  cdp!sklein@arisia.xerox.com
function only when    |    BitNet:    cdp!sklein%labrea@stanford
they are open         |    PhoneNet:  (301) 270-2250

billkatt@sol.engin.umich.edu (billkatt) (03/20/89)

In article <141500001@cdp> sklein@cdp.UUCP writes:

>There *is* a difference between a Mac Plus and a 512KE w/non-Apple
>upgrade.  This differennce is in the number of bytes of PRAM.  So
>Far, the only things that won't work on 512KE's w/RAM upgrades are
>the MAP CDEV and the Sound Manager.
>
>I've heard there are INITS that fix both these problems, but I've
>been unable to find them.
>-Shabtai Klein

Actually, late 512KE's had the full 256 bytes of PRAM.  I have a friend with
one (it is a 2048KE now).  MacEnvy V1.0 can tell you how much you have.
-Steve Bollinger