[comp.sys.mac.programmer] LSC 3.0p4 -- Problem with oConv utility

wmadden@afit-ab.arpa (Warren J. Madden) (03/24/89)

Greetings!

	I am attempting to use the oConv utility provided with LSC to
convert a 78K MPW object library.  Running oConv with the default 384K
partition results in an out of memory error.  So I boosted the partition
up to 6 meg (ain't 8 meg Mac II's grand!) and tried again.  This time it
made it through all three passes, began writing the project, and then
bombed with the message "Object file too large".

	I am attempting to do this using LSC 3.0p4, System 6.0.2, and an
8 Meg Mac II.  Does anybody out there have any idea why it's failing?  Oh
yes, the file I'm attempting to convert is the C compatibility library
from ParcPlace's Smalltalk-80.

Hoping Rich S. is listening,

Warren J. Madden
wmadden@blackbird.afit.af.mil

DISCLAIMER:  Any opinions expressed above are mine, and not those of the
Air Force or the U.S. Government.  I filled out form 19842-J, Request
for Official Opinions, when I first joined the AF, but it's only been
three years, so I don't expect them to finish processing the form for at
least another two.  Till then you're all stuck with my opinions.

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (03/25/89)

In article <1004@afit-ab.arpa> wmadden@afit-ab.arpa (Warren J. Madden) writes:
>Greetings!
>
>	I am attempting to use the oConv utility provided with LSC to
>convert a 78K MPW object library.  Running oConv with the default 384K

	LightspeedC can't deal with object modules bigger than 32K; your
best bet is to try and break the .O file down into three or more smaller
components,  and try again.

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305