[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Suitcase & DA's

ken@uf.msc.umn.edu (Kenneth Chin-Purcell) (03/25/89)

Wrote a little desk accessory for a friend, and it worked fine on
my Mac Plus.  Put it on his SE, and when Suitcase II runs my DA doesn't.
No Suitcase, everything is fine.  My hunch is that my DA isn't finding
a resource.

So.... How does Suitcase change the DA environment?

I'm using LSP 2.01, and their tricky DRVR header that allows
referencing globals off of A4.  It's been working great 'till now.

--
        --  Ken  (aka ken@msc.umn.edu)

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (03/25/89)

In article <11764@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> ken@uf.msc.umn.edu (Kenneth Chin-Purcell) writes:
>Wrote a little desk accessory for a friend, and it worked fine on
>my Mac Plus.  Put it on his SE, and when Suitcase II runs my DA doesn't.

	Check to be sure that you're computing the owned resource ID's
correctly. More information would be useful; saying "it doesn't work"
leaves lots of room for inference. :-)

		--Rich

Rich Siegel
Staff Software Developer
THINK Technologies Division, Symantec Corp.
Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel
Phone: (617) 275-4800 x305

mnkonar@gorby.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (03/25/89)

In article <11764@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU> ken@uf.msc.umn.edu (Kenneth Chin-Purcell) writes:
>Wrote a little desk accessory for a friend, and it worked fine on
>my Mac Plus.  Put it on his SE, and when Suitcase II runs my DA doesn't.
>No Suitcase, everything is fine.  My hunch is that my DA isn't finding
>a resource.
>
>So.... How does Suitcase change the DA environment?

I wrote a DA a coule of weeks ago using LSP 2.0 (but none of that fancy
A4 stuff) and it works fine under Suitcase II.  One bizarre thing that
Suitcase does is that it changes the order of resource files open so that
its suitcase files come AFTER the System file.  Check it out with TMON
or something.  Anyhow, this seems to suggest that your theory about
resource finding difficulties may have some merit.

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)