[comp.sys.mac.programmer] TransEdit 2.0 - C version

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (03/18/89)

This looks as good as the first two Trans-things.  However, when I
tried to build the project in LSC 3.0, I got a bug: the macro is
already defined.

The problem is shiftKey, which would be defined in EventMgr.h, but
I don't see that it's #included, even indirectly.

The project seems to build okay if I comment out the definition
in TransEdit.c, but it worries me.  Anyone have any idea what's
going on?

beard@ux1.lbl.gov (Patrick C Beard) (03/26/89)

In article <722@kosman.UUCP> kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) writes:
>This looks as good as the first two Trans-things.  However, when I
>tried to build the project in LSC 3.0, I got a bug: the macro is
>already defined.
>The project seems to build okay if I comment out the definition
>in TransEdit.c, but it worries me.  Anyone have any idea what's
>going on?

This is because you are using LSC 3.x which has "preincluded" EventMgr.h
for you to speed up compiling.  Don't worry about it.  I believe Paul Dubois
uses an older version of LSC (2.15 maybe?) to develop with, and so for
some reason he #defines it instead of #including EventMgr.h.

 \   Patrick Beard                 "Badges?                       \
  \    Berkeley Systems, Inc.        I ain't got to show you...    \
   \      PCBeard@lbl.gov                 ...NO STINKING BADGES!"   \