[comp.sys.mac.programmer] List Manager problems

omullarn@oracle.uucp (Oliver Mullarney) (03/24/89)

Can anyone out in NetLand give me a clue as to what setting the selFlags
in the List Manager should have in order to get a list which obeys the
Mac User I/F guidelines for selection.; i.e. allows multiple selection
when the mouse is dragged with the shift key down; allows disjoint
multiple selection when the Command key is down and goes back to a single
selection when the mouse is clicked without any modifiers.
Yes, i did RTFM, but it says that this is the default setup, but my experience
indicates otherwise. I don't really want to have to try every possible
combination, and am posting this having tried all the reasonable ones.

Cheers

 Oliver

svc@well.UUCP (Leonard Rosenthol) (03/26/89)

In article <820@oracle.oracle.com>, omullarn@oracle.uucp (Oliver Mullarney) writes:

> Can anyone out in NetLand give me a clue as to what setting the selFlags
> in the List Manager should have in order to get a list which obeys the
> Mac User I/F guidelines for selection.; i.e. allows multiple selection
> when the mouse is dragged with the shift key down; allows disjoint
> multiple selection when the Command key is down and goes back to a single
> selection when the mouse is clicked without any modifiers.

	You are correct that this is the default setup, and if you DON'T change
the selFlags after you do the LNew, then your list will work properly following
the rules that you described.  If you are paranoid about it, you can set
selFlags to 0 (which is the default) yourself just to make sure.  You might
also want to double-check that when you call LClick you are passing a valid
event.modifiers so that the List Manager gets the modifiers to use for
selection. (selFlag is useless if no modifiers ever get passed!)

Leonard Rosenthol        |  GEnie : MACgician
Lazerware, inc.          |  MacNet: MACgician
UUCP: svc@well.UUCP      |  ALink : D0025