[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Hey APDA! Where's my @%^$# membership?!

mnkonar@gorby.SRC.Honeywell.COM (Murat N. Konar) (04/05/89)

I was an unfortunate soul who joined the old APDA just before
they got swallowd up by Apple.  I received one APDAlog from the
old APDA but never got anything from the AppleAPDA.  Who do I call
to remedy this oversight?  Can I write somewhere?  Is this posting
enough? Will I have to pay my $20 again (this would really irk me)?

Have a day. :^|
Murat N. Konar        Honeywell Systems & Research Center, Camden, MN
mnkonar@SRC.honeywell.com (internet) {umn-cs,ems,bthpyd}!srcsip!mnkonar(UUCP)

mjohnson@Apple.COM (Mark B. Johnson) (04/05/89)

In article <19977@srcsip.UUCP> mnkonar@gorby.UUCP (Murat N. Konar) writes:
>I was an unfortunate soul who joined the old APDA just before
>they got swallowd up by Apple.  I received one APDAlog from the
>old APDA but never got anything from the AppleAPDA.  Who do I call
>to remedy this oversight?  Can I write somewhere?  Is this posting
>enough? Will I have to pay my $20 again (this would really irk me)?

I don't know all the details and I do not represent APDA, but if you call
their number (800) 282-2732, you should be able to get this problem cleared
up.  You'll need your old APDA number and you will have to sign some type
of agreement.

Come to think of it, I don't think I've received anything either...

Mark B. Johnson                                            AppleLink: mjohnson
Developer Technical Support                         domain: mjohnson@Apple.com
Apple Computer, Inc.         UUCP:  {amdahl,decwrl,sun,unisoft}!apple!mjohnson

"You gave your life to become the person you are right now.  Was it worth it?"
                                                         - Richard Bach, _One_

sho@pur-phy (Sho Kuwamoto) (04/05/89)

In article <19977@srcsip.UUCP> mnkonar@gorby.UUCP (Murat N. Konar) writes:
>I was an unfortunate soul who joined the old APDA just before
>they got swallowd up by Apple.  I received one APDAlog from the
>old APDA but never got anything from the AppleAPDA.  Who do I call
>to remedy this oversight?  Can I write somewhere?  Is this posting
>enough? Will I have to pay my $20 again (this would really irk me)?

Hmmm.  I joined up with the new APDA just about right after Apple took
over.  I'd let my old subscription run out, and the new APDA decided
to send me a copy of the APDAlog.  So I sent in my money, and they
didn't cash the check for like a couple of months.  I'd been lazy, and
I hadn't called them up or anything, but it looks like they finally
cashed the check.  It's been about a month since that, and I still
haven't heard from them.  At least I know they got my check....

-Sho