[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Expansion on problem w/ C 3.0 & -I

wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) (04/10/89)

I played with it some more and came up with this:

If I copied the command out of the make file and selected and executed it, it
would work fine....

BUT, it would not work in the makefile when doing a build.

My solution specify #include <{CIncludes.bum}CDRom.h> instead of <CDRom.h> in
the source... This failed, but open {CDIncludes.bum}CDRom.h works fine...

A bug?
Solution:

Specify the full and complete path name to CDRom.h in the source:

#include <The80s:MPW:Interfaces:CIncludes.bum:CDRom.h>

Apple?  Anyone?  Any ideas?

b.bum
wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu

austing@Apple.COM (Glenn L. Austin) (04/12/89)

In article <AYDwcly00WBVA8oH4U@andrew.cmu.edu> wb1j+@andrew.cmu.edu (William M. Bumgarner) writes:
>My solution specify #include <{CIncludes.bum}CDRom.h> instead of <CDRom.h> in
>the source... This failed, but open {CDIncludes.bum}CDRom.h works fine...

Check to make sure that CIncludes.bum is exported and available to the
makefile.  I had the same thing happen if an MPW script was just called by
name rather than by "execute scriptname".

| Glenn L. Austin             | The nice thing about standards is that      |
| Apple Computer, Inc.        | there are so many of them to choose from.   |
| Internet: austing@apple.com |       -Andrew S. Tanenbaum                  |
| All opinions stated above are mine -- who else would want them?           |