[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Couple of

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (04/14/89)

I'm having a couple of problems with THINK Pascal.

1) Recently the font popup menu in the "Source Options" Modal Dialog won't pop
up.  The font size menu directly to the right works fine.  I've got about 50
fonts installed.  This also occurs right after I start up the environment, so
it isn't my program trashing anything.  This menu worked in the past; don't
know what the problem is now.  My inits, which are the same as always, are:
Jasmine, TMON, Guardian, Moire and Vaccine.  Running system 6.0.2.

2)Sometimes some of my units don't seem to "know about" other units that have
been successfully compiled and included properly.  That is, unit a uses unit b.
Unit b is compiled, and there is a proper "uses" statement in unit a.  I get an
error message that T pascal can't find unit b.  What worked is moving unit b in
the project window to some different location in the build order, and then
moving it back where it had been.  Now, this could be my program doing
something weird, but has this happened to anyone else?

Robert
------
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
------
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (04/14/89)

In article <2717@tank.uchicago.edu> ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:

>I'm having a couple of problems with THINK Pascal.
>
>1) Recently the font popup menu in the "Source Options" Modal Dialog won't pop
>up.  The font size menu directly to the right works fine.  I've got about 50
>fonts installed.  This also occurs right after I start up the environment, so

	When did you start noticing this problem? Had you just added fonts?
It's possible that the Source Options dialog is choking on the large number of
fonts; try removing some of them (or Suitcase-ing them out, whichever).

	Jesus, who USES so many fonts? :-)

>2)Sometimes some of my units don't seem to "know about" other units that have

	I've never seen this happen; is there a consisten set of circumstances
under which you see this behavior? It's possible that the project document
is getting stepped on...

		--Rich

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (04/14/89)

In article <2717@tank.uchicago.edu>, ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes...

>I'm having a couple of problems with THINK Pascal.
>
>1) Recently the font popup menu in the "Source Options" Modal Dialog won't pop
>up.  The font size menu directly to the right works fine.  I've got about 50
>fonts installed.  This also occurs right after I start up the environment, so
>it isn't my program trashing anything.  This menu worked in the past; don't
>know what the problem is now.  My inits, which are the same as always, are:
>Jasmine, TMON, Guardian, Moire and Vaccine.  Running system 6.0.2.

Well, I went back and removed all INIT's except Shield (which I didn't mention
in my last note).  I also replaced THINK Pascal with a new copy, and tried using
a different project.  No dice: I still can't get the font menu in the "Source
Options" dialog to pop up.

Any advice much appreciated.

Robert
------
ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu
------
generic disclaimer: all my opinions are mine

ra_robert@gsbacd.uchicago.edu (04/14/89)

Thanks for the advice.

I think the problem was some sort of corruption of my System file.  The weird
thing is that a backup of my system on my HD seems to have the same problem
too.  I replaced my system and it works OK.

I didn't add any fonts recently (I actually went into a 'font frenzy' after I
got a new HD; doesn't _everyone_ have a use for 'Isengard' and "Elven'? :->).
This is the first time I've noticed this prob, but then I haven't tried
changing fonts in awhile.

The only odd software I ran lately was that NeVR init that Rich posted to
Sumex, which substitutes a new WDEF for the regular one.  Could that corrupt
system files? (I wasn't running it when using THINK pascal, and I took it off
after a short while).

As to the second prob, with unit confusion: no regular pattern.  I'll keep an
eye out and if it recurs I'll let you know.  Probably the project itself was
slightly hosed, as you said.

Robert
------