[comp.sys.mac.programmer] McAssembly/LSP question.

borcelf@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Fernando Borcel) (04/15/89)

I just got McAssembly and was wandering...

I'm using LSP, and wanted to write quick assmbly language routines.  According
to the (LSP) manual, you do that by creating an MDS .rel object file to a LSP
library with an utility called .REL converter, which I have.

BUT, when I produce my objects using McAssembly, I get a .rel file which .rel
converter won't recognize!!

So...  How do I produce a .rel file with McAssembly which WILL be recognized
by .rel converter?

Thanks a lot.
		-Fernando Borcel
"Tact is the ability to tell a man he has an open mind when he has a
hole in his head."  Internet:     borcelf@jacobs.cs.ORST.EDU
                    UUCP:{tektronix,hp-pcd}!orstcs!jacobs.cs.orst.edu!borcelf

borcelf@jacobs.CS.ORST.EDU (Fernando Borcel) (04/16/89)

In article <9993@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> borcelf@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Fernando Borcel) writes:
>I just got McAssembly and was wandering...
>
>I'm using LSP, and wanted to write quick assmbly language routines.  According
>to the (LSP) manual, you do that by creating an MDS .rel object file to a LSP
>library with an utility called .REL converter, which I have.
>
>BUT, when I produce my objects using McAssembly, I get a .rel file which .rel
>converter won't recognize!!
>
>So...  How do I produce a .rel file with McAssembly which WILL be recognized
>by .rel converter?

I went over the documentation again, and found out what the problem was:
I need a program which converts from McAssembly .rel files to MSD .rel files,
which I don't have.	Does anybody have it?	If you do PLEASE mail it to me!
(my paying the shareware fee depends on it...)

Again, PLEASE, I need it URGENTLY!!

siegel@endor.harvard.edu (Rich Siegel) (04/17/89)

In article <9993@orstcs.CS.ORST.EDU> borcelf@jacobs.cs.orst.edu (Fernando Borcel) writes:
>BUT, when I produce my objects using McAssembly, I get a .rel file which .rel
>converter won't recognize!!

	The output files need to have a creator of 'ASM ' and a type of 'RELB'.
Otherwise, the .REL convertor won't open them.

		--Rich
 Rich Siegel
 Staff Software Developer
 Symantec Corporation, Language Products Group
 Internet: siegel@endor.harvard.edu
 UUCP: ..harvard!endor!siegel

 "She told me to make myself comfortable, so I pulled down my pants
 and sat in the pudding." -Emo Phillips