[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Joining APDA...how long does it take

uucibg@sw1e.UUCP (3929]) (04/14/89)

I've recently sent in my materials to join APDA (including my first order
for them).  I'm not complaining at all, just curious:  about how long will
it take for them to make me a member and ship me my order?  And yes, I
filled out the form about limited exportation as well as the standard
membership form (and of course filled out my order form as well).

I'm just itching to get going on some stuff for which I need MPW and I'm
ridiculously impatient to get started :-).

Thanks,

Brian R. Gilstrap                          Southwestern Bell Telephone
One Bell Center Rm 17-G-4                  ...!ames!killer!texbell!sw1e!uucibg
St. Louis, MO 63101                        ...!bellcore!texbell!sw1e!uucibg
(314) 235-3929
#include <std_disclaimers.h>

jnh@ece-csc.UUCP (Joseph Nathan Hall) (04/15/89)

In article <1495@sw1e.UUCP> uucibg@sw1e.UUCP (3929]) writes:
>I've recently sent in my materials to join APDA (including my first order
>for them).  I'm not complaining at all, just curious:  about how long will
>it take for them to make me a member and ship me my order?

If they treat you like they treated me, you'll never get your membership
information (i.e., member number).  I got tired of waiting and called them
after a few weeks, got my number, placed a couple of orders, and everything
has been copacetic since them--but I still haven't gotten that initial
membership info ...

I wonder how many sets of Tech Notes will have passed by in comp.binaries.mac
before I receive my first set from my APDA subscription ...

--
v   v sssss|| joseph hall                      || 201-1D Hampton Lee Court
 v v s   s || jnh@ece-csc.ncsu.edu (Internet)  || Cary, NC  27511

andrew@ems.Ems.MN.ORG (Andrew C. Esh) (04/17/89)

	From my vantage point, APDA is going through some problems with
shipping and record keeping lately.  I joined just before Apple took over,
and never got a new member number, or any materials.  I 'reverse engineered'
my member number from a shipping list I got from them.  As an organization,
they seem quite confused.

	By the way, you don't get Tech Notes with an APDA subscription.  You
have to buy them, and subscribe to the automatic update program.  Developers
are the only ones who get them free.  (Developers are 'Apple Partners' and
'Apple Associates'.)  For more info about the Tech Notes available from APDA,
see page C-33 in the current catalog.