[comp.sys.mac.programmer] Searching files by the modified time - HELP!!!

fliu@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (Frances Liu) (04/13/89)

Dear Netlanders;
	I'm new to the MacWorld so please don't flame me for asking an *easy*
question (Just got a SE 6 days ago).
	I like to list all the files which are modified after a given
date within a folder + all its subfolders.  Is there any public
domain software, shareware, $$$ware, or even source code which can perform
the above task?  Something like the VAX/VMS DCL command
	$directory/since=date-month-year [...]*.*
or
	$directory/since=yesterday [...]*.*
would be perfect!!
I searched through the info-mac archive at Stanford and ftp'ed a bunch of
utilities but couldn't find any thing for the above purpose.
Any hint is much welcome.  Thanks a zillion in advance.

--
Frances Liu
UUCP:	...!{ubc-vision,uw-beaver}!uvicctr!fliu

davidl@intelob.intel.com (David Levine) (04/17/89)

In article <646@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP> fliu@uvicctr.UVic.CA.UUCP (Frances Liu) writes:
> 	   I like to list all the files which are modified after a given
> date within a folder + all its subfolders.  Is there any public
> domain software, shareware, $$$ware, or even source code which can perform
> the above task?

The desk accessory DiskTop will do what you want and more.  It is
shareware; there is a limited version you can get for free and a
full-featured version that you can get for a shareware payment or from
commercial sources.  You need the full-featured version.  You can get
it from MacConnection for $27.00 (US).  I recommend it highly.

            David D. Levine                BBBBBBBBB  IIII IIII NNN  NNNN TM
        Senior Technical Writer            BBBB  BBBB iiii iiii NNNN NNNN
                                           BBBBBBBBB  IIII IIII NNNNNNNNN
UUCP: ...[!uunet]!tektronix!biin!davidl    BBBB  BBBB IIII IIII NNNN NNNN
MX-Internet: <davidl@intelob.intel.com>    BBBBBBBBB  IIII IIII NNNN  NNN
ARPA: <@iwarp.intel.com:davidl@intelob.intel.com>