[comp.sys.mac.programmer] MacYacc Problems

bill@utastro.UUCP (William H. Jefferys) (04/18/89)

My son wants to write a simple compiler as a school
project. He wants to use a YACC grammar. I have a copy
of MacYacc v. 0.4, and the author notes that as it doesn't
know anything about HFS, one should put source code on MFS disk
or in root directory. Which I did. But all I get is
an error message that there is a "getvol error."

My question is, is there a newer version of MacYacc that
does not have these problems? How can I get a copy? Or
how can I avoid the error?

Thanks,

Bill Jefferys

--
Glend.	I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
Hot.	Why, so can I, or so can any man; But will they come when you

thinfilm@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu (04/21/89)

There is a project GNU yacc look-alike called bison that is available for
anonymous FTP from Standford.  There is also a grep,egrep and flex (lex
substitute).

bill@ut-emx.UUCP (Bill Jefferys) (04/23/89)

In article <53100004@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu> thinfilm@uxh.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
#
#There is a project GNU yacc look-alike called bison that is available for
#anonymous FTP from Standford.  There is also a grep,egrep and flex (lex
#substitute).

I found gnu-egrep, but couldn't find the others (on sumex). Do
you know what directory they are in?

(Tried to get you by mail but no reply.)

Thanks, Bill Jefferys

earleh@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Earle R. Horton) (04/24/89)

In article <12349@ut-emx.UUCP> bill@emx.UUCP (Bill Jefferys) writes:

>I found gnu-egrep, but couldn't find the others (on sumex). Do
>you know what directory they are in?

     I mailed in {flex,bison}.sit.hqx to info-mac@sumex a few minutes
ago.  Both should appear there after the typical lag time.

     Chief improvement over previous versions is that a version of
alloca() is included that will probably work when its caller saves
registers on the stack, but not when these include MC68881 registers.

     Support is now included for Aztec C.

Earle R. Horton

Graduate Student.  Programmer.  God to my cats.